The MISSION of South Hill Christian Church is to be a caring community where lives are changed through Knowing Christ, Growing in Christ and Going with Christ to others.
This same Good News that came to you is going out all over the world. It is bearing fruit everywhere by changing lives, just as it changed your lives from the day you first heard and understood the truth about God's wonderful grace.
(Colossians 1:6 NLT)
- Our MOTTO: "A caring community where lives are changed."
- Our FAITH: Jesus is the living son of God, our Savior and Lord in full deity. Salvation is by grace through the individual's response of faith. The Bible is God's inspired and inerrant word, and our unfailing authority in belief and practice. All persons of all races are created in the image of God need the saving grace of Jesus Christ.
- We are a free church under Christ. Led by elders, we determine our own policies and practices, voluntarily cooperating with Christian groups in fulfilling our Lord's Great Commission
It is our desire and goal that our ministry reflect the following characteristics, all the more as we experience our vision and seek to fulfill our purpose together:
- Know God Intimately means to grow in the knowledge and personal experience of God.
- Submit to Biblical Authority means that we are committed to being doers of the Word.
- Demonstrate Personal and Spiritual Integrity is a commitment to honesty with God, ourselves and others.
- Demonstrate a Love for People means that our relationships will be based on love, acceptance, and forgiveness.
- Commit to servant hood is a commitment to serving one another in love.
- Demonstrate a heart for the lost focuses our priorities on those who don't know Jesus as their Savior and Lord.
- Experience Spiritual reproduction means that each believer should be reproducing themselves and their faith through the lives of others.
These are specific areas that are continually growing in order for the Church to stay on target in fulfilling its purpose and vision:
- Develop a Healthy Church - A healthy church is one with a dynamic balance between various ministry components, all focused on a single purpose of making disciples.
- Reach the Unchurched - The purpose of the Church is to reach those who do not know Jesus as Savior and Lord. Reaching the unchurched requires ministries that meet the felt needs of people with the love of Jesus.
- Nurture Godly Families - Godly families are essential for a healthy church and for a positive impact on the community. One of our priorities is to provide a nurturing environment where the whole family can learn to put God first in their lives.
- Multiply Small Groups - Small groups are an integral part of the community of believers. Through small groups people can more effectively love and care for each other.
- Develop Spiritual Leadership - The purpose of the church is carried out as "each part does its work". Developing mature spiritual leaders is the primary task of the elders and pastoral staff.
- Become a Mother Church - Starting other churches is stretching and challenging, but also very rewarding. It keeps a congregation on the cutting edge of making disciples.
Mission, Motto, Characteristics and Objectives form a foundation for ministry priority and direction.
However, the cornerstone is Jesus Christ. We are just one congregation of the Church in Pierce County.
We desire to join with all of His followers to reach this city and county with His life changing message
of love, acceptance and forgiveness.