SHCC COMMUNITY UPDATE as of 3.31.2020
Dear SHCC Family,
The Elders have decided to suspend services, events, and all gatherings, at SHCC in response to the public health emergency declared by the Governor. We don’t take this step lightly. We cherish the gathering of God’s people at SHCC. The health and welfare of our church family (many of whom are seniors and are the most vulnerable to the virus) and the welfare of our community, dictate it is prudent to take this step. The models suggest that we could become the next Italy if we don’t take strong proactive steps of social distancing at this time.
- Pastor Mike will bring encouragement to us via video chats every Wednesday and Saturday evenings. These chats will be available on this website and posted to our facebook page.
- Youth Ministry Director, Pat Lynch has created podcasts for the youth. Links to this podcast are sent via email. If you would like to here these awesome podcasts, email Pat at firstname.lastname@example.org.
COVID-19: We are not aware of any confirmed cases of COVID-19 among our church family at this time, for which we are thankful.
OFFICE: The office will be minimally staffed , but feel free to call or email the office with your questions and concerns, as we will be monitoring voicemail and email. As always, prayer requests can be emailed to email@example.com.
COMMUNICATION: We will continue to communicate via the following methods:
- Pastor Mike will be bringing encouragement via short video chats on Wednesday and Saturday evenings. These will be available on Facebook and our SHCC website.
- Church Family emails: If you are not already signed up, you can opt-in here.
- Prayer Chain email: To be added to the prayer chain email, send your request to firstname.lastname@example.org.
GIVING: THANK YOU! So many continue to give!
Our SHCC church family has always been faithful in giving.
Donors can mail checks into the office at 12311 151st St E, Puyallup, WA 98374.
Additionally, it would be a great time to learn the ease and security of on-line giving at www.shccweb.org or text giving at 253-201-6681. This is an extremely easy and secure process!
USE THIS OPPORTUNITY TO LIVE FOR CHRIST!
HELP OTHERS! Reach out to those who may not be able to get out in public right now. Look for ways to help neighbors and elderly church or family members. Offer to get groceries for them.
PRAY! Let’s continue to pray: for the sick, for the fearful, for salvations, and for the glory of God to shine brightly. Amidst an uncertain world, He alone is certain: “He only is my rock and my salvation, my fortress: I shall not be greatly shaken” (Ps. 62:2). The mission continues. Let’s be humble, wise, and courageous as we follow him together.
We will follow events closely to determine when we can resume our regular gatherings. Let’s keep our church family, our community, the state of WA and the nation in prayer as we walk through this unprecedented time.
We are a non-denominational, Bible-teaching church committed to serving the spiritual needs of our community.
Our desire is to be a caring community where lives can be changed. We truly want to see people's lives transformed by God's grace and power. To that end, we endeavor to help people to know Christ, to grow in Christ and learn how to go and share the love and life of Christ with others.
For I am not ashamed of the gospel, for it is the power of God for salvation to everyone who believes...
Romans 1:16 NASB